The idea of moving abroad by yourself can be daunting for many. One of the biggest concerns for young people when it comes to travelling and working abroad, is stability. Knowing that when you arrive, you will not only have a job to go into, but also a secured place to live. That’s where becoming an Au Pair can be an excellent solution for those worried about making that first step to working and living abroad.
As an Au Pair, you will be provided with a safe and welcoming place to live with a host family that will help you to adjust to life in a new country. It will give you the opportunity to learn what its like to live with a local family and allow you to not only explore their culture and way of living, but also share yours with them too. Maybe even learn a new
language along the way!
What Exactly is an Au Pair?
As an Au Pair, you will be given the opportunity to live with a host family and take on the role as a member of the family to support with childcare and everyday household tasks. Depending on the family you are paired with, you will receive support in adapting to life in a new country, be provided with meals and essentials as well as receiving a monthly allowance to support you financially.
What are the Benefits of Becoming an Au Pair?
One of the most common worries that people have when it comes to travelling and working abroad, is having the money to make that initial move. With housing provided, becoming an Au Pair gives you that chance to start saving up straight away and explore a whole new country at the same time.
Not only will this role allow you to gain an inside view of what it’s like to live abroad in a family lifestyle, you can also use this opportunity to improve your language skills, meet new people, explore a new city and become more independent as a person.
How do I know if I’m Eligible to Become an Au Pair
1. Age: Au Pair applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years old.
2. Education: Applicants must have completed secondary education or equivalent, or have at least one year of experience as a caregiver.
3. Language Skills: Applicants must be proficient in English and must be able to communicate effectively with the host family and their children.
4. Health: Applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally. They must undergo a medical exam and provide documentation of their health status.
5. Driver’s License: Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and have a safe driving record.
6. Background Check: Applicants must undergo a background check, including a criminal record check, before being accepted into the program.
7. Childcare Experience: Applicants must have at least 200 hours of documented childcare experience.
Are you a young adult between the age of 18 and 30 years old and eager to start exploring the world? If you love the idea of travelling and even living abroad and also love working with children, then becoming an Au Pair might just be exactly what you’re looking for. Why not head over to our website to find out if you’re eligible for one of our working visas today. Or explore the different Au Pairing job positions we have available all around the world.
Already working/worked as an Au Pair abroad? We’d love to hear about your experience! Share your story with us below: