Canadian Employment Visa

Employer-Sponsored Visa

Employer specific work permit is an option for employers to sponsor a worker to work and live in Canada if they cannot find a local person to fill the vacancy. The worker can be in Canada or abroad. They could be currently be working for the same employer.

If you are an individual who has an employer who is willing to sponsor you or you can find an employer willing to sponsor. This is a good route to take to stay in Canada.


The job needs to be in a NOC code A, B or O

The pay rate should be appropriate to the job and providence

The job needs to be advertised in appropriate media

The employer needs to be granted an LMIA confirming there is a need for a temporary foreign worker and no Canadians or permanent residents are available to do the job.

A work permit application needs to be made

various documents are needed and forms to be filled for the application. Whether or not a worker needs a TRV depends on their citizenship.


You can bring a dependant child as long as he/she meets the requirement of a dependent child.



What jobs can you do?

You can find out if your job falls under Skill Level 0, A, B, C or D here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/find-national-occupation-code.html


How much will it cost you?

Alliance processing fee- 5000 CAD

Government fee for LMIA -1000 CAD

Work permit fee – 155 CAD


Processing Time

Once the LMIA application is submitted, employers can expect a minimum processing time of 1-2 months.


As with TRV-exempt applications, the physical work permit will be issued to the foreign worker when they enter Canada at a border crossing or airport. Permits are typically valid for the expected length of the job in Canada.

Workers must enter Canada within six months of an LMO’s approval date in order for the LMO to remain valid.

We have a lot of experience processing these applications and can help with all aspects of the process. Contact us today to see if we can help you get a work permit.