UK Ancestry Visa
If you are a Commonwealth citizen with UK ancestry, you may be eligible to apply for permission to live and work in the UK with the Ancestry visa.
Fill the assessment form and find out if you could qualify.
You can apply to come to the UK with this visa if you can show that:
- You are a Commonwealth citizen.
- You are aged 17 or over.
- You are able to work and you plan to work in the UK.
- You can adequately support and accommodate yourself and your dependants without help from public funds (state benefits).
- You must also show that at least 1 of your grandparents was born: in the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man); before 31 March 1922 in what is now the Republic of Ireland; on a British-registered ship or aircraft.
- You can claim ancestry if your relationship to the relevant grandparent is in the legitimate or illegitimate line.
- You cannot claim UK ancestry through step-parents, but you can apply if you or your parent (through whom you are claiming ancestry) are adopted.
Length of stay
This visa is valid for 5 years. At the end of this time, you might be able to apply to settle here permanently or extend the visa.
You must be outside the UK to apply for this visa, and you must be granted the visa before you travel to the UK. You cannot apply to switch into this category if you are already in the UK with a different visa.
Bringing your family with you Your family members can apply to travel with you to the UK or join you here, if you can support them without needing any help from public funds.
Find out if you qualify for the ancestry visa Fill in our free online assessment form.
About Alliance Visas
Welcome to Alliance Visas. We are a registered migration and visa services firm. We are not the official body or affiliated with the government.
At Alliance Visas we do not share your details with any third party. We provide a no obligation assessment without any cost to all applicants, please fill our assessment to find out your eligibility for a visa.