UK Tier 5 Temporary work-charity worker visa

A temporary work- charity worker visa is given to someone if the person willingly accepts to do
unpaid charity work given by a sponsor who will provide the person with the certificate of
sponsorship where all the details regarding the charity work will be mentioned.

Fill  UK tier 5 Visa assessment form to find out if you are eligible


o You have to 18 or above
o You need to have a certificate of sponsorships reference number from your UK
o You need to have enough money to support yourself, which is around £1,270.

You will not be eligible for this visa if you had given a religious or charity worker visa in
any previous years. You will only get exempted in this scenario if you can prove that you
were outside the UK for the whole time.

Certificate of sponsorship:

A certificate of sponsorship is a unique reference number given by your sponsor who must
be recognised by the UK government which holds all the Information regarding your
personal details, the job that you will do, the number of hours you will be working under
him. It is not a certificate or paper document.
Your certificate of sponsorship is valid for 3 months after it has been issued to you.

Documents required:

At the time you will apply you must provide:
o Your certificate of sponsorship reference number which your employer will give it to
o A valid passport to prove your identity
o A bank statement showing the amount one must carry for the visa to get approved
o If you want to take your partner or your children with you, you need to provide your
relationship proof.

What you can do and cannot:

o You can study (for some courses you will need to provide an Academic Technology
Approval Scheme certificate)

o You can work for your sponsor in some job which is describe in your certificate of
o You can do a second job in the same sector at the same level as your main job for up to
20 hours per week.
o You can also do a job on the tier 2 shortage occupation list for up to 20 hours per week.
o You can bring along your family members.
o You cannot receive any payment from your charity work.
o You can take any permanent job
o You can receive public funds.

Duration of stay:

You can apply to stay in the UK for a maximum period of 12 months, or the time given on your
certificate of sponsorship including an additional 14 days, whichever is shorter.
You can also apply to extend your charity worker visa.

Your partner and children:

Your partner and children can stay with you in the UK as long they are eligible. Their visa ends
on the same day as yours.
o Must be able to prove a civil partnership or married that is recognized in the UK
o You have been living together in a relationship fir at least 2 years.
o Must be 16 or over
o Who lives with you
o Not married, or in a civil partnership, or doesn’t have his own children
o Should be financially supported by you.

Why choose Alliance visas?

At Alliance visas we are able to process your application swiftly, help you with employment, accommodation, bank account, tax back advise and more.

Give us a call today or fill a free assessment form for more information.

About Alliance Visas

Welcome to Alliance Visas. We are a registered migration and visa services firm. We are not the official body or affiliated with the government.

At Alliance Visas we do not share your details with any third party. We provide a no obligation assessment without any cost to all applicants, please fill our assessment to find out your eligibility for a visa.

Eligibility Assessment

Note: If multiple then use comma( , )