UK Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa

Working holiday in Ireland

Minister of religion visa

Tier 2 minister of religion visa are given to those applicants who are coming to the UK to fill a position such as:

 as a minister of religion or missionary.
 within a religious organization in the UK.

The applicant must have a certificate of sponsorship from a sponsor which states the details regarding his work and the length of it’s stay. Usually, in the minister of religion visa one can stay for 3 years or 14 days extra after the period mentioned in his certificate of sponsorship.



 One has to be 18 or above when one applies.
 Has to have a certificate of sponsorship from a UK certifies sponsor.
 Has to enough in his bank account to help him support his stay for the work.
 Should have a sound vocabulary in English language. You can prove your proficiency in English language by passing an English language test Or providing your academic certificate which shows that you have been taught in that language.

Fees required

The fee needed for the government to give out the tier 2 minister of religion visa depends on where the applicant is applying for its visa.
If the applicant is applying the visa outside the UK then he has to pay £625, and the same amount if anyone of his family member decides to go along with him.
If the applicant applies his visa inside the UK then he has to pay £719, and the same amount is required if anyone of his family member wishes to go along with him.

Parents and children.

Your partner and children can join you in your stay as long they are eligible for this visa.
You must be able to prove that either:
 you’re in a civil partnership or marriage that’s recognized in the UK
 you’ve been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years when you apply.
 Must be less than 16.
 Must be dependent on you
 Must not be married.

Money needed to support them

Your partner or children must have a certain amount of money available to support themselves while they’re in the UK.
You – or your partner or child – will need:
 £285 for your partner
 £315 for one child
 £200 for each additional child

Extending your visa

You can extend your tier 2 minister of religion visa if you meet the above eligibility criteria mention
You can extend your visa up to 3 years or 14 days after your given mentioned period in the new
certificate of sponsorship given by your sponsor.



Switch to this visa

You can switch to this visa if you are already in the UK on a different visa, you just have to eligible mention above in the eligible criteria .
Your partner and children have to apply for there’s separately if they are willing to stay with you on your stay.
If you need further information about this visa then do contact our team for a full clarification of your need.

About Alliance Visas

Welcome to Alliance Visas. We are a registered migration and visa services firm. We are not the official body or affiliated with the government.

At Alliance Visas we do not share your details with any third party. We provide a no obligation assessment without any cost to all applicants, please fill our assessment to find out your eligibility for a visa.

Eligibility Assessment

Note: If multiple then use comma( , )