Secondment worker visa

Secondment worker visa are given by the employer to an employee, for him to come to the UK to do a specific job for a different organization.


 Have a certificate of sponsorship from the sponsor which contains the details of the work to be done in the UK.
 The employee must be an existing employed person for the overseas employer who has a high value contract with the UK organization.
 The employee must have worked for at least 12 months with the overseas employer outside of UK.

How long can you stay.

You can stay in the UK for whichever is shorter of:
 Till 12 months from the start of his job.
 Till the date given in your certificate of sponsorship plus 14 days.
If you want to stay in the UK longer then you can extend your visa for another 12 months. In the global mobility extension visa one can stay for a maximum period of 2 years.
You can stay for 5 years in a 6 year period if you have spent time on in one of these visas:
 Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa
 Intra-company Transfer visa
 Graduate Trainee visa (Global Business Mobility)
 Secondment Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
 Senior or Specialist Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)
 Service Supplier visa (Global Business Mobility)
 UK Expansion Worker visa (Global Business Mobility)

What you can do and cannot:

 Work with your sponsored employer
 Study
 Bring your spouse and children as your dependent.
 Travel abroad and return to UK
 Can do voluntary work.

 Apply for a permanent citizen
 Do a second job
 Apply for benefits . Public funds .
 Chang of jobs, unless you are eligible.

The employer’s contract with the UK sponsor.

The organization that is calling you to come to the UK for a specific work is called your sponsor. The company for which you work for should have a contract with the UK sponsor which worth at least £50 million.

Your partner and children:

Your dependent partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK if they are eligible. Their tenure will end on the same date as your which is given in the certificate of sponsorship.
o Must be able to prove a civil partnership or married that is recognized in the UK
o You have been living together in a relationship fir at least 2 years.
o Must be 16 or over
o Who lives with you
o Not married, or in a civil partnership, or doesn’t have his own children
o Should be financially supported by you.

Why choose Alliance visas?

At Alliance visas we are able to process your application swiftly, help you with employment, accommodation, bank account, tax back advise and more.

Give us a call today or fill a free assessment form for more information.

About Alliance Visas

Welcome to Alliance Visas. We are a registered migration and visa services firm. We are not the official body or affiliated with the government.

At Alliance Visas we do not share your details with any third party. We provide a no obligation assessment without any cost to all applicants, please fill our assessment to find out your eligibility for a visa.

Eligibility Assessment

Note: If multiple then use comma( , )