The United States J-1 visa is intended for applicants who are interested in visiting the U.S with the intention of seeing the country to learn about the culture and lifestyle, with the ability to work and study whilst visiting.
It is a great opportunity to experience the United States and experience first hand,what it is like to live there under the many programs that run with the J-1 visa. Depending on the program you are visiting, the stay can vary from 4 months to 7 years.
- Meet English language and insurance requirements.
- Have a valid passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Meet the individual requirements of the program they are applying for.
- Not be visiting with dependants unless they have a dependent visa.
- Engage in work and study only under the program you are visiting.
- If looking to apply for a green card, the applicant must return to their country of residence for at least 2 years prior.
- Intend to leave the U.S at the end of their J-1 Visa.
United States Working J-1 Visa Obligations
Once the United States J-1 Visa is approved, the applicant needs to comply with all the visa conditions while in the United States. Breaching of any conditions can result in your United States J-1 Visa being cancelled and the applicant having to leave the country.