The Tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange) Visa, is designed for individuals who want to come for work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Programme, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme. This visa is available to all citizens but has a few obligations that you’ll have to pass.
Before you come to the UK, you must have a certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor. The work you carry out here in the UK must relate to the work of your sponsor organisation.
Your sponsor can be any of the following:
- An organisation running an approved exchange scheme
- A higher education institution (if you are a sponsored researcher, visiting academic or examiner)
- A government department or agency
Whilst you are on this visa you cannot take on a permanent job or get any public funds. However you can study whilst you’re on this visa, get a second job (for up to 20 hours a week) and bring your family over. Your sponsor can also give you multiple entry certificate of sponsorship which will enable you to leave and return to the UK.
You can apply for this visa 3 months before you you are due to start work, the date will be on your certificate of sponsorship. You should get a decision on your visa within three weeks. With this visa you may stay in the UK for up to 12-24 months (depending on the scheme you’re applying for) and you can enter the UK 14 days before teh start date of your job.
- A certificate of sponsorship reference number from your UK sponsor. This is not actually a piece of paper or document, it’s just a reference number which has your personal information and information about the job.
- £945 in savings – this is to prove you can support yourself and you must have had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply
Fill a free assessment form and find out if you qualify for the tier 5 (Temporary Worker – Government Authorised Exchange)
Why choose Alliance visas?
At Alliance visas we are able to process your application swiftly, help you with employment, accommodation, bank account, tax back advise and more. Give us a call today or fill a free assessment form for more information.