Express Entry Federal Skilled Worker Visa is a permanent visa for individuals looking to relocate to Canada to live and work. In order to qualify for a Federal skilled worker Visa applicants need to have work experience in an occupation which falls under skill level A,B or O under the Canadian NOC code system, hold at least secondary qualifications and can demonstrate good English language abilities.
The visa is points based. Applicants are awarded points for the following attributes:
Selection Factors for Federal Skilled Worker Visa
- Masters degree or PhD + 17 years of full-time study = Maximum points
- Two or more bachelor’s degrees + 15 years full-time study
- Three year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship + 15 years full-time study
- Bachelor’s degree + 14 years full-time study
- Two year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship + 14 years full-time Study
- One year bachelor’s degree + 13 years full-time study
- One year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship + 13 years full-time study
- One year diploma, trade certificate or apprenticeship + 12 years full-time study
- High school graduation = Minimum points
You can claim points for your English and French language abilities. Points will be awarded for the score you achieve in-
Applicants can claim points for work experience under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa program as follows.
Work experience must be-
- At least one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time), AND
- Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) list, AND
- It should be within the last 10 years
Points are awarded to applicants between the ages of 17 and 49 years
Applicants can claim points if their have arranged an employment from Canada
Points can be claimed under adaptability for the following-
Factors used to evaluate this can be:
- Partner or spouses education.
- Relatives of yourself or spouse/partner that are settled in Canada.
Dependents are entitled to get a dependent visa along the main applicant, they are able to work and children are able to attend schools.
The Federal Skilled Worker Visa is a permanent residence and applicants can apply to become a Canadian citizen after completing qualifying years.
Health and character
Applicants and dependents will need to pass Canada’s health and character requirements.
Applicants will need to show the following amount of money in their bank accounts.
(in Canadian dollars)
|7 or more||$31,291|
At Alliance Visas we are able to advice and assist to secure your Federal Skilled Worker Visa for you. Give us a call today or Fill a Free assessment now to find out more