Australian Partner Visa

The Australian Partner visa route is for individuals in a relationship with an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand National. Including same sex partners.

Partner Provisional visa (subclass 309) and Partner Migrant visa (subclass 100)




To be eligible for an Australian Partner Visa, there are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled. These include:

  1. You are married to the Australian national/permanent resident or be in an unmarried partner relationship and cohabiting for at least 12 months
  2. Needs to make a commitment to a shared life
  3. Demonstrate that your relationship is genuine and continuing
  4. Show that you would stay together with your partner on a permanent basis after visa grant
  5. Should be a minimum of 18 years old
  6. Meet character and health requirements

Fill partner visa assessment form

Rules and procedure


You can apply for an Australian Partner Visa inside or outside of Australia. If you apply inside Australia, depending on the visa you enter Australia on you may be able to get a bridging visa before your partner visa is finalized. Applicants are granted the Provisional Visa first, It is the first stage towards a Permanent Partner Visa. Your application need to be correctly lodged with substantial documentation as per the Immigration departments requirements. Fill out the visa assessment form or speak to our Migration agent for more information and help.

Prospective marriage visa (subclass 300)


The Prospective Marriage Visa is for individuals who would like to get married in Australia and continue living with their spouse in the country. It is a temporary visa which is issued for duration of 9 months. While lodging of application and it being granted, the applicant needs to be outside Australia. After marriage applicants can apply for a partner visa and continue living in Australia.

Find an assessment form

or speak to our Migration adviser to get more information and help on 0203 757 46 56