HOUSEKEEPING ROOM ATTENDENT
REPORTS TO: Manager, Housekeeping
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Seasonal and CORE (Full-Time year round with Benefits)
The main purpose of this position is to ensure that all guest rooms are cleaned to Blue Mountain/Westin brand standards, according to our detailed training programs. This position is essential to the success of the Lodging Department because it ensures that we are able to provide our guests with clean rooms and exceed their expectations of lodging service quality.
- Providing exemplary customer service by meeting our four service promises: engaging each guest; providing enthusiastic and friendly service; anticipating guest needs; and taking ownership.
- Perform essential duties of the daily housekeeping services in assigned units and common areas to standard, within specified time limits.
- Cleaning of guest rooms include: making beds, changing linens as required, cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms and kitchens, dusting, vacuuming, placing furniture in original position, and replenishing amenities.
- Cleaning the bathroom inside the guest room includes: cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, faucets, vanities, tubs, showers, walls, and toilets.
- Cleaning the kitchen inside the guest room includes loading/emptying the dishwasher, cleaning and sanitizing (horizontal and vertical) all sinks, taps, dishes, cupboards, fridge, stovetop, oven, and microwave.
- Ensure all kitchen inventory is accounted for and replaced/reported.
- Updating and prioritizing rooms to be cleaned.
- Deep Cleaning units annually in a team, including assisting with moving furniture, high dusting, and full cleaning of the unit.
- Responsible for stocking and maintaining a clean/organized working environment at all times – this includes the linen lock-up, housekeeping carts, vacuums, etc.
- Responsible for assisting in the removal of trash, recyclables, and dirty linens as seen fit or directed.
- Clean common area as required (may include night cleaning).
- Handle guests’ complaints and take action to resolve problems – inform leadership when required.
- Assist other housekeeping employees in maintaining clean and organized working and public areas.
- Physically fit and able to:
- lift up to 25 pounds on a continuous basis and lift up to 45 pounds (with assistance) occasionally throughout the day.
- Push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 100lbs on a continuous basis
- Bend, stoop, squat, and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks
- Handle repetitive physical motions, such as standing, sitting, stretching, and bending
- Team Orientated
- Proven ability to work under tight time demands
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at work
- Proven guest service ability with attention to detail
- Previous experience in housekeeping an asset
Fill the assessment form to secure your Work and travel Canada.