LOCATION: Ontario, Canada
- Reviews work requests and consult with user departments regarding specifications and other project requirements; interprets blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the required materials and equipment; calculates materials and labour in estimating the cost of projects and make recommendations as required.
- Prepares for work projects by performing operational and safety risk assessments, arranging work schedules with user departments, and assembling supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Designs, constructs, and maintains woodwork, furniture, fittings and hardware by selecting, laying out, joining, assembling, erecting and/or dismantling materials; constructs, erects, installs and repairs structural elements in conformance with applicable Building Codes and By-Laws
- Assigns work tasks to designated staff and provides related training and orientation; checks work performed to ensure that the work was done properly.
- Maintains storage and work areas in a clean, tidy, and safe condition and maintains an inventory of supplies, equipment, and tools; completes related reports and records including daily work summary sheets; recommends the purchase of related supplies and equipment. Evaluates equipment/supplies for technical acceptance and safety prior to selection as required.
- Performs other general maintenance and repair duties related to building, grounds, and equipment in a variety of areas as required/assigned.
- Performs all work in adherence to all applicable codes, regulations, and safety requirements, including regulations of the WCB.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.