Au Pair in the USA
The USA is one of the worlds most popular destinations to travel to. Visit iconic landmarks such as the statue of liberty, Golden Gate Bridge or the Hollywood sign. Or check out the many hidden gems that America has to offer whilst you soak in the stunning landscapes. As an Au Pair, you will get the chance to experience what it’s like to live as an American and gain an understanding of how American Culture vastly differs from any others.
What are the Benefits of Au Pairing in the USA?
As part of our Au Pair in the USA program, you will have the opportunity to travel across the United States whilst you work and live with a host family, taking care of their children. You will also be able to enjoy all of the fantastic benefits listed below:
- Earn a weekly stipend of $215 or more
- Be provided with a private room with full board
- Flights to and from the USA paid for you, by us
- J-1 visa sponsorships
- Travel and insurance package for 12 months included
- 1 and a half days off per week
- 10 paid vacation days
- Granted up to $500 to go towards attending college classes with multiple to choose from such as cooking, accounting, dance, maths and many more
- Access to a 24 hour emergency line plus continued support throughout your stay
- The chance to attend monthly cultural events with other Au Pairs in your local area
- Chance to extend your program for up to 12 months
- 30 days to travel the country at the end of your program
- Be between the ages of 18 and 26 years old
- Previous childcare experience
- Be available for a 12 month position
- Good English skills
- High school Diploma or equivalent (GCSE level, junior certificate)
- Own a valid driver’s license
- Be in good physical and mental health
- Have no criminal record
- Must meet U.S entry requirements
Duties and responsibilities
- Preparing meals for the children and cleaning up afterwards
- Bathing and dressing the children (depending on their age)
- Packing school lunches
- Helping with homework
- Taking the children to and from school
- Taking the children on fun activities (i.e to the park or playgrounds)
- Generally keeping children entertained and happy
- Assist with light household tasks like doing the children’s laundry or tidying up their rooms
Why Choose Us?
Planning your journey to live and word abroad may seem overwhelming at first. With so many things to consider like securing a visa, obtaining health insurance, finding a suitable job, destination and many more, the process can be daunting for many. That’s why we aim to make the entire process as seamless and stress-free as possible so you can concentrate on what’s really important and getting the most out of your experience abroad. We aim to provide support and advice not just in obtaining a visa, but all the way through to you stepping off that plane and starting your incredible journey in a new country!
As part of our Au Pair in the USA program, a fee of £420 ($534) will be required. This will cover our administrative and management fees to handle your application from start to finish, including undergoing regular visits whilst you are living with your host family to ensure you are settling in well.
Government visa application fee of 185 USD will also need to be paid.