Australian skilled regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489) is a state/territory sponsored visa for skilled workers. Applicants are required to have work experience and or qualifications in an occupation which is in shortage in one of the states or territories in Australia. Spouses, unmarried partners and dependent children are able to accompany the main applicants on this visa. Please fill the skilled assessment form and find out if you could be accepted for the skilled regional provisional visa (subclass 489) program.
There are many requirements for the 489 visa, some of them are:
- Be under the age of 45 years
- Have experience and or qualifications in an occupation in demand in one or more state or territory
- Be nominated by an Australian regional state or territory
- Meet Australian health and character requirements
- Score 60 under the points test
- Meet the assessing authority requirements for qualifications and work experience as per the Australian standard of your occupation
Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa details
Successful applicants of the Skilled Regional (subclass 489) Visa are given a four-year visa. They can apply for permanent residency after living for two years and working for one year in Australia. They can also apply for an Australian Citizenship. Applicants are required to visit Australia within a year to activate the visa, once this is done applicants have up to 5 years to actually start living in Australia.
There are fees applicable for the visa application, this may vary depending on your occupation. Processing times are 6-10 months approximately. Processing times are subject to change and will vary depending on multiple factors. Applicants are required to provide documentations as per requirement. For more information please Fill an assessment form now or speak to one of our experts on +44 203 757 46 56