The New Zealand visit visa allows foreign nationals to visit New Zealand for a variety of reasons, including general tourism, business visits and family visits for short or slightly extended periods of time.
Please leave an enquiry in order for one of our dedicated New Zealand migration consultants to assess whether this visa is the most suitable for you to apply under. Find out which visa you would qualify for by Making an assessment to check your eligibility
Before doing so, please see below for an outline of the requirements for this visa:
This visa is for you if…
- You want to visit New Zealand as a tourist
- To visit family or friends
- Study a short course
You’ll need enough money to support yourself and everyone included in your application during your stay.
Criteria you must meet:
- You must show that you’re a genuine tourist or visitor and intend to leave New Zealand at the end of your stay.
- You must have enough money to live on while you’re in New Zealand or have an acceptable sponsor.
- You must have a ticket to leave New Zealand or be sponsored for the cost of your onward travel.
Depending on what you plan to do, you can stay up to 9 months. British passport holders can enter New Zealand as a visitor for up to 6 months on arrival without a visa, provided you can satisfy an Immigration Officer that you meet the requirements of the immigration rules. Visitors must have an onward ticket.
What can I do on this visa?
- Visit friends and family, explore New Zealand or enjoy amateur sports, or adventure activity.
- Include your partner, and dependent children aged 19 and under, in your visa application.
- Study for up to 3 months.
What can I do after?
You may apply for another visit visa or you can always apply for a student or work visa.